Michael Labat, originally from New Orleans Louisiana, and now a resident of Bluffton South Carolina, is a 50 year veteran of the Pharmaceutical Industry with a Pharm.D Degree from Xavier University, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Brother Labat began his career as a practicing pharmacist in New Orleans working six years as a Pharmacist. Mike subsequently relocated to New Jersey and entered the Pharmaceutical Industry, serving over 40 years in sales and Senior Management positions, i.e., Director of Contract Sales, Product Advertising Manager, Regional Manager of Government Affairs, Senior Manager Cardiovascular Sales etc. with notable companies, Hoffman La Roche and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Mike also worked in the Television Industry as an Account Executive with Lifetime Medical Television and The American Medical Association, developing and promoting medical education programs to physician audiences.
Brother Labat remained actively involved in professional Pharmaceutical Organizations and Businesses during his professional career. To note a few:
* President of the National Pharmaceutical Association
* Board Member, Council of Overseers, Long Island University, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy
* Publication Consultant, American College of Apothecaries
* Pharmaceutical Industry Consultant, Labat Anderson Inc, Geneva Project
Mike received numerous awards/recognition over his tenure:
* Recipient of The Black Achievers Award in Industry, from the Harlem YMCA
* Four (4) time winner of the Bristol Myers-Squibb Pinnacle award for one of the top ten Sales Districts
* Summit Award Winner, Bristol Myers-Squibb, for Number One Specialty Sales Manager in USA
Brother Labat is married to Constance Ray Labat for 48 years and together they have two children, Michael Labat Jr and Tracy Lynne Porter.
On a personal note , Brother Labat’s longevity and experience on this earth have allowed him to develop a keen sense of humor for which he is not shy to display when he's "working a room".